Join Our Team
We are always on the lookout for talented people.
If you are a freelancer or professional interested in working with us, email email@example.com
Remote Business Manager
Our driving purpose is to help spread the Gospel by making the best tools in marketing, IT, and media available to support authentic evangelization. Catholic Support Services builds the business tools an organization needs to launch, improve, or run their programs.
We help seminaries, parishes, international ministries, and Catholic businesses to connect and communicate, reaching millions of Catholics each year. Our clients find new customers, raise funds, engage their parishes, and launch new ministries.
Our work usually includes two parts: consulting to help organizations create a strategy, and the execution of various marketing, IT, media elements needed to bring their project to life. In developing the structure to scale and grow our company, your role would be to manage the team of people who execute on those marketing, IT, and media projects.
You will take ownership of these projects and day-to-day operations as we serve our clients. You will be the glue that holds the team together, and your leadership will ensure that all our work for clients is completed on time and on budget.
As you supervise our small team of remote staff, your drive and energy will guide the team to bring out the best in themselves. Through both personal encouragement and process improvement, you will constantly seek new ways for us to produce the highest quality results with the greatest efficiency.
There’s no typical day at the office, but a single morning might include scheduling writers for a blog’s editorial calendar, checking the progress of a promotional video, meeting with a creative director and web designer to plan out a new website, and a strategic call to launch some new online evangelization tool.
Since we are in a phase of growth, you will help us design new business processes, develop short term projects, and create or improve systems that we will implement.
You will also manage hiring, onboarding, training, and supervision of new staff.
$20 – 30 / hr depending on previous experience. Compensation grows as you help grow the business.
- Participate in strategic planning to help develop our long term goals and objectives
- Develop a plan, timeline, and budget for marketing and media projects
- Manage day-to-day execution of those projects and supervise staff to make sure they reach established timeline and budget.
- Regularly assess overall company performance
- Analyze existing business processes to identify improvements and create new ways to optimize efficiency and quality or document existing SOPs where needed.
- Perform regular staff evaluations to determine areas of improvement
- Make sure our team has the personnel and tools necessary to get the job done
- Recruit, onboard, and train new team members
Qualifications / Skills
- You have a deep passion for the Catholic Church, and a lived experience of the Gospel. Ideally you will have familiarity with ministries and organizations outside your local parish setting.
- You are excited about the idea of joining a small team in order to help grow it into something amazing.
- You are someone who takes ownership for your work and will do what it takes to get the job done.
- You possess the ability to think critically and navigate complexity. You have strong analytical and organizational skills, and are a fast learner who can adapt quickly.
- You love solving problems and facing a variety of challenges with consistent follow through.
- You enjoy working with a large amount of freedom, while still drawing from the support and guidance of the rest of the leadership team.
- You have excellent leadership skills, and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- You have a passion and talent for communication: written, verbal, digital
- You’re humble enough to ask for help and admit mistakes
- It’s a bonus if you are already familiar with digital marketing, media, and the latest internet technologies.
- It’s an added bonus if you speak Spanish; a lot of our clients and contractors operate in both Spanish and English, so fluency in that language would be very helpful.
Education / Experience
Simply be able to demonstrate you have successfully employed the skills and qualifications listed above.
Compensation and Hours
- $20 – 30 / hr depending on previous experience. Compensation grows as you help grow the business.
- Seeking the right person to start on a part-time trial, and then transition into full time.
- We believe that work is an important part of our vocation and can be deeply fulfilling. We also believe happy people are the most productive, so we try to help our mostly remote team have a healthy work-life balance by giving a flexible schedule, respecting time off, and just compensation.